Based in Santiago, Chile
28 November, 2016 (Early Access)
Hammercoin is a fun online Rogue-Like thay pays homage to similar games like Zelda and Diablo but denominated in cryptocurrency, and players can both spend and win Bitcoin inside the game. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are a way to send money from person to person using a computer network, without banks or governments and it’s catching fire amongst tech early adopters.
The world of Khan is a dangerous, endless desert where a misterious force is gathering strength in the deep underground. Water is rare, and so is life. Your mission will be to uncover the secrets of this land by confronting the great evil that lies below the quicksand.
- Dozens of dungeons full of secrets and loot to discover
- Fully-featured Bitcoin wallet for micro transactions inside the game that can be cashed out
- Market bots that buy and sell items from players in Bitcoin
- Diverse weapons with different battle styles
- Magic spells with a trading card system
- Original art and soundtrack
Hammercoin early access demo YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Game Name. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "You know how you could sell Diablo 3 items in real-money auctions? Well, that’s all folded into Hammercoin’s economy with each player and NPC having actual bitcoin wallets."
- Matej Jan, Retronator Magazine
- "From it’s delightfully blocky graphics, to it’s witty dialogue, to it’s enthralling soundtrack, Hammercoin looks like it’s going to be a real gem of a game"
- Auryn Macmillan, Firstblood
- "MMOs with real-cash economies were always rare, albeit there have been several documented attempts to create them over the years, the most popular of which is likely Entropia Universe and many of which are driven by stacking the odds of making money against the player. Hammercoin handles things a bit differently than those games."
- Matt Chelen, Twocredits
The full press release for the 1.0 release docs.google.com.
Announcement Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at mego.cl.
Mego is a games studio made up of multidisciplinary people inspired by the future and encouraged by computer sciences, arts and decentralized economy, being cryptocurrencies its main driver by last 3 years –and probably the next–.
More information on MEGO, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Name Credits