Based in Santiago, Chile
28 November, 2016 (Early Access)
Hammerland is a multiplayer game with fast hack-n-slash style gameplay. The game is denominated in Bits (a tiny fraction of a Bitcoin), so players can buy or sell game items using cryptocurrency. There's also rewards for the best players who complete weekly events and quests.
The world of Khan is a dangerous, endless desert where a misterious force is gathering strength in the deep underground. Water is rare, and so is life. Your mission will be to uncover the secrets of this land by confronting the great evil that lies below the quicksand.
- Dozens of dungeons full of secrets and loot to discover
- Fully-featured Bitcoin wallet for use inside the game with the ability to cash-out to an external Bitcoin wallet
- Market bots that buy and sell items from players
- Diverse weapons with different battle styles
- Magic spells with a trading card system
- Weekly events with rewards for the best players
Hammerland trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured in ProductHunt's newsletter under its Daily Digest next to several blockchain products." June 13, 2017.
- "It's made out of chunky, colourful voxels to evoke that jovial retro style, while also providing a proper hack-and-slash experience. But the feature that makes it stand out is its integration with Bitcoin."
- PCGamesN, PCGamesN
- "You know how you could sell Diablo 3 items in real-money auctions? Well, that’s all folded into Hammercoin’s economy with each player and NPC having actual bitcoin wallets."
- Matej Jan, Retronator Magazine
- "From it’s delightfully blocky graphics, to it’s witty dialogue, to it’s enthralling soundtrack, Hammercoin looks like it’s going to be a real gem of a game"
- Auryn Macmillan, Firstblood
- "MMOs with real-cash economies were always rare, albeit there have been several documented attempts to create them over the years, the most popular of which is likely Entropia Universe and many of which are driven by stacking the odds of making money against the player. Hammercoin handles things a bit differently than those games."
- Matt Chelen, Twocredits
The full press release for the 1.0 release docs.google.com.
Announcement Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at mego.cl.
Mego is a software studio made up of multidisciplinary people in the intersection of arts and technology.
More information on MEGO, our logo & relevant media are available here.